PAAO Membership Rates
Residents are invited to join the Postgraduate Academy of Osteopathy in any of the following categories:
- 1-year membership: $44
- 3-year membership: $117
- 4-year membership: $146
PAAO Member Benefits
As a member of the PAAO you are entitled to all the membership benefits of the American Academy of Osteopathy. In addition, PAAO members enjoy the following benefits:
- Members enjoy lower fees for AAO CME courses and Convocation.
- The Academy’s large network of over 1,000 new physicians and PAAO members provide information and support for the various challenges faced in the ever-evolving medical field. Join in the conversation at Facebook, in person at convocation or at other conventions such as the AOA OMED or state and local organizations.
- For residents who are interested in doing a +1 year in NMM, there is no better opportunity to become familiar with the programs, get to know the program directors and begin establishing contacts who can help you get the NMM+1 program that is right for you.
- PAAO membership provides opportunities to develop osteopathic research projects during residency with access to the Louisa Burns Osteopathic Research Committee and the Foundation for Osteopathic Research and Continuous Education (FORCE).
- The PAAO Mentor Program, open to all AAO members but focused on residents, is an excellent opportunity to share your recently acquired wisdom with medical students facing challenges you recently experienced.
- Your exceptional work in the field of osteopathic medicine may be rewarded with the AAO Resident of the Year Award.
- The PAAO maintains a list of AAO member physicians who accept residents to come and work with them during a rotation away from their programs. This is referred to as the Resident Osteopathic Away Rotations (ROAR) list.
If you have any questions about membership, leadership positions or issues related to postgraduate OMT, feel free to contact the AAO or email the PAAO chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.