AAO Physician Membership Dues
For $5.54 a week (less than the price of a large specialty coffee at your favorite coffee shop) or just 79 cents a day (less than the cost of a bottle of water), you can become a member of the professional specialty organization dedicated to you and osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM).
The AAO offers the following membership categories (also see residents' membership information):
- Full member: $288
- First year in practice: $103
- Second year in practice: $204
- Associate (MD, DDS, etc.): $288
- International affiliate: $317
- Supporter members: $288
Members who did not gradute from an accredited U.S. osteopathic medical college must be sponsored by an osteopathic physician who is a member of the AAO.
AAO Member Benefits
- a national advocate for OMM, both within the profession and with health care policy-makers and third-party payers.
- a champion that is monitoring closely and responding rapidly to the standards being developed for the single accreditation system for graduate medical education.
- referrals of patients through the “Find a Physician” tool both on the AAO website and at the FindOMM.org URL, as well as from calls to the AAO office.
- discounts on continuing medical education at the AAO’s annual Convocation and its weekend courses.
- automatic acceptance of AAO-sponsored courses by the American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine, the only certifying board for manual medicine in the world today.
- networking opportunities with peers.
- discounts on books in the AAO’s online store.
- complimentary subscription to The AAO Journal, published electronically 4 times annually.
- complimentary subscription to the online AAO Member News, published 8 times annually.
- weekly OsteoBlast e-newsletters, featuring research on manual medicine from peer-reviewed journals around the world.
- practice promotion materials, such as the AAO-supported “American Health Front!” segment on OMM.
- discounts on advertising in AAO publications, on the AAO website, and on materials for the AAO’s Convocation.
- the fellow designation of FAAO, which recognizes DOs for promoting OMM through teaching, writing, and professional service and which is the only earned fellowship in the osteopathic medical profession.
- promotion and grant support of research on the efficacy of OMM.
- support for the future of the profession through the Student American Academy of Osteopathy, the National Undergraduate Fellows Association, and the Postgraduate American Academy of Osteopathy.
If you have any questions regarding membership or membership renewal, email info@academyofosteopathy, or call us or at (317) 879-1881, ext. 217.