Feb. 3 marks the birthday of Elizabeth Blackwell, the first women to receive a medical degree in the United States. We've come a long way since 1849, and we're pleased that many women have led the AAO as president, governors and trustees.
To celebrate, all AAO members will receive an additional 10 percent off selected items in the AAO's online store on Sunday, Feb. 3, saving a total of 20 percent off the list price:
- Bioelectric Fascial Activation and Release by Judith A. O'Connell, DO, MHA, FAAO
- The Collected Papers of Viola M. Frymann, DO, FAAO, edited by Hollis H. King, DO, PhD, FAAO
- The Feminine Touch: Women in Osteopathic Medicine by Thomas A. Quinn, DO, FAOCOPM
- Healing Pain and Injury by Maud Haimson Nerman, DO, CSPOMM, CA
- Louisa Burns Memorial edited by Myron C. Beal, DO, FAAO
- Mindful Relationships: Seven Skills for Success -- Integrating the Science of Mind, Body and Brain by B. Grace Bullock, PhD
- Osteopathic Management of the Female Patient: A Pocket Reference by J.P. Maganito, DO; Anita L. Showalter, DO; and Melicien A. Tettambel, DO, FAAO
- Osteopathy for the Over 50s: Maintaining function and treating dysfunction by Nicette Sergueef and Kenneth Nelson
- Selected Works of Melicien A. Tettambel, DO, FAAO, edited by Raymond J. Hruby, DO, FAAODist
- Selected Writings of Beryl E. Arbuckle, DO, FACOP, edited by David A. Patriquin, DO, FAAO
Orders must be placed on Sunday, Feb. 3, to receive the discount. If you prefer to fax or email the AAO's book and DVD order form, it must be received on Sunday, Feb. 3.