The AAO has collaborated with the American Osteopathic Foundation to provide the Outstanding Resident in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Award, recognizing and honoring osteopathic residents whose combination of clinical promise, leadership, dedication and commitment to osteopathic patient-centered care separate them from others.
During the fall of 2019, those eligible to be nominated for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Osteopathic physicians in training in OMM in their second through last year of residency
- In good standing with the AOA
- Have a commitment to osteopathic medicine, its philosophy and principles, as demonstrated through comprehensive patient care
- Be recognized as a strong leader
- Committed to community
- Committed to the education and enrichment of self and others, including but not limited to continuing education, teaching, research and publication
Former award recipients are not eligible to reapply for the same award for a period of three years.
- A completed nomination form (Self-nominations not accepted.)
- A cover letter from the nominator
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from references other than the nominator
- The nominee’s current CV/resume (should include current memberships--osteopathic and other)
- A personal statement of no more than two (2) pages illustrating why the nominee feels he or she is qualified to receive this award, focusing on the eligibility and purpose of the award and highlighting activities and/or experiences during residency (not required but strongly encouraged)
If the nominator is not the resident’s program director, one of the recommendation letters should be from the program director. If the candidate is in an ACGME residency program, one of the letters of recommendation must be from a practicing osteopathic physician.
Award Information and Announcement
Recipients will be presented with a $5,000 award from the AOF and AAO during the AOF Honors event on Oct. 25 in Baltimore, Maryland, or an alternate industry event.
Submit your nomination online at https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/omm by May 10.